Of all the different types of pests that can invade your home, nothing is as stomach turning as mice and rats. You can have a mice problem without even realizing it until you look into the crawlspace under your home or your attic. The signs that you’ve got a mouse infestation include mouse droppings, mouse tracks, or damage to food containers to access the contents.
Mice and rats are pervasive, but they can be effectively dealt with by a pest control professional. If you see signs of mice or rat infestation, get a pest control operator to inspect your property immediately.
Mice & Rat Facts
Many of the most pervasive types of rodents in Australia were accidentally introduced when settlers arrived on ship. Without natural predators, these invaders exploded in population. These include species that have spread throughout Victoria and the other states, such as the black rat, the brown rat, and the house mouse. Not only are mice and rats a nuisance in the home, they are devastating for agriculture and are known as disease carriers.
Did you know?
- Mice and rats in particular are known as disease carriers. They can carry up to 55 different known diseases
- Mice and rats breed very quickly with adult females going into heat every 4 to 5 days
- Mice and rats can squeeze into any sized opening that their head can fit into, even as small as a 10-cent coin
- Rats are generally larger than mice and can weigh x10 as much as a mouse
- Mice and rats can damage your home as they chew through walls to make new passages
- Mice and rats can cause house fires by chewing on electrical wiring in your home
- Mice and rats are most noticeable during the winter when they come inside to escape the cold
- Mice and rat droppings can trigger asthma attacks in children
Mice were introduced to Australia by European explorers and have been a massive problem ever since. Introduced species have no natural predators and quickly overrun areas, causing massive ecological damage.
Get the Professional Pest Control Solution
If left unchecked, the mice and rats in your home can grow staggeringly quickly. It seems all that mice do is reproduce litter after litter. Effective pest control solutions are available. All of our pesticides are completely safe for the home and are made from natural ingredients. We will place mice and rat pesticides close to their warren and away from your family pets.
Contact the Pest Control Professional today for a free, no obligation quote on how to rid your home of mice and rats. Call us today at 0404 85 65 05.