Of all the different types of pest infestation, termites are among the very worst. They are known as the ‘silent destroyers’, because they can be living in your home or yard without any immediate signs of damage. Cockroaches, for instances, can be spotted in open areas, which give an indication of their presence. Termites on the other hand often inflict damage on the home before they are detected.
It’s essential to detecting termites early and eliminating them on the first treatment to minimize any damage to your home or business.
There are actually several species of termites. Did you know that there are over 300 different types of termites in Australia? Most commonly known as white ants, Australian termites have been a part of the local ecosystem for millions of years. They don’t care if your house is in their path.
Did you know?
- Termites are like bees in that there are different castes in the colony that each serve a different role: the Queen/King, flying colonizers, soldiers, and workers.
- A termite nest can have millions of bugs
- New colonies arrive via a flying swarm
- Termites are subterranean or ground inhabiting
- Each year 180,000 Australia homes are damaged by termite infestation
- Each year termites cause up to $1 billion of damage to Australian homes and industry
- Termites love our backyards, particularly our use of mulch, woodchips, and trees
As a result of our landscaping techniques, termites or “white ants” have exploded throughout Australia in every capital city. The problem is very serious and can cause you thousands of dollars if not detected early. The good news is that you can protect your home with environmentally friendly pesticides that are safe for little ones and pets.
Get the Professional Pest Control Solution
We recommend that you have your home checked for termites annually by a professional pest control professional. This can be done as part of a seasonal spray for ants and spiders. The best way to deal with termites is to keep them from infesting your yard or your home.
If they do get into your back garden or into your home, then you need an exterminator that is thorough and diligent for the first treatment. Your home is the most valuable asset you will ever own and it is your job to make sure you protect that investment.
We back all of our work by a 100% guarantee. If you have a termite problem or want to organize an annual inspection and spray, call us today at 0404 85 65 05 today!